If you're a traditional artist like me, you'll understand when I say that setting goals is extremely important. It helps us pace ourselves while also giving us a challenge and a reward after finishing those challenges (which in this case is getting to see our art come together.) The fruits of our labor is such that, we get to see the results of our hard work immediately as we continually work on our pieces. I always set goals for myself while drawing (example: having this area done by today, this section done by next week, etc...) so I constantly strive to do better and crank out a higher quality piece than before.
Here are some points regarding setting goals:
- Set goals that are both attainable yet challenging
- Have both short term and long term goals
- Push yourself to achieve your goals
- Make sure to reward yourself when you do meet your goals
- Lastly, look back and review what you did well and what you think you can improve on
Again, I set goals for all areas of my life and drawing is no exception. I highly recommend it because I always tend to do better work when I'm challenging myself.
Thanks for reading.